The BLU MAX 155 has more power and more speed to provide maximum productivity. We designed the BLU MAX 155 at the request of larger shops. The BLU MAX 155 has a heavier 155 pound ram, more throat height, and longer stroke. The BLU MAX 155 comes standard with the clamping mode feature.
BLU MAX 155 Specifications:
- Comes Ready to use with a set of Knife forging dies included withthe machine
-Runs effectively at 90 psi
-Average air consumption during hot forging is 21-24CFM-Normally paired with a 7.5HP to 10HP compressor with an 80 gallon tank
- Big BLU QC™ Quick Change Die System
-Dies are interchangeable between all Big BLU Power Hammers with QCdies
- 155 pound (70 kg) Ram (Hammer head)
- 800 pound (362 kg) anvil
- 1.75" x 3" x 5" (44.5 x 76.2 x 127 mm) Dies
- 3.25" (82.6 mm) bore HD cylinder with double wear bands.
- Taller 9" (224mm) Adjustable Stroke.
-Full control on material and tooling up to 6.5" tall
- Infinite control of 0-225 strokes per minute coupled with a soft touch to massive blows is achieved by use of foot pedal.
- The 18" (457 mm) throat accommodates 36" (914 mm) plates and/or pieces of unusual sizes and shapes.
- 95" (2413 mm) high, 36" x 20" (914 x 508 mm) base.
- 1700 pound (770 kg) total weight.
-Sand can be poured inside the back frame as ballast adding in excess of 300 pounds (140 kg)
- Clamping Mode with 1000 pounds static pressure.
- Low daily maintenance.
- American made - all components readily available.
- Technical service is just a phone call away.
- Scientifically balanced ram to anvil ratios for maximum effectiveness.
- Dies are made of heat treated S-7 tool steel.
- Our QC™ die system allows fast easy changing of interchangeable dies.
- Meets OSHA safety specifications.
- Over 180 degree foot pedal control easily accessible regardless of operator works right or left handed.
- No moving parts other than the free-floating head.
- Operates almost noise free except for hammer blows.
- Economical to purchase - even for hobbyist.
- User friendly.
The Big BLU Power Hammer continues to be the workhorse and center of activity in hundreds of shops across the United States and in many countries around the world.